cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12.5 Remote Agent for Windows

frederic_gueret
Level 2
I installed Backup Exec 12 server and configure backup datas on different server on my domain. I installed without problem "Remote Agent for Windows" on this different server.
It was ok for 2 months but now I have a error message  for backup windows server (but not for XP stations) :

Errorr : e000fe3c - Before saving this resource, you must purchase and install a license key for Backup Exec appropriate agent. Check the log for more information.
For more information about this error, please refer to link V-79-57344-65084

This agent is not free ?

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

What are you backing up? If it's SQL or Exchange for example, you will need to load that license on your backup server.
In this case, it would be a licensing issue and not a Remote Agent issue.

CraigV

Hi,

What are you backing up? If it's SQL or Exchange for example, you will need to load that license on your backup server.

CraigV

Hi,

frederic_gueret
Level 2
No SQL or Exchange, just simple datas.

MitchR
Level 6

2 months is suspiciously cose to the 60-day trial period that BE gives when you don't have a particulat agent licnese installed.

My guess is that something went wrong when you entered the Windows Agent license (possibly forgot to enter?). 

Try looking at the licenses you've got on your server:
-Open the admin agent
-Help menu, About, License Information
Check to see if the "Remote Agent for Windows" is both licensed and installed.

Another possibility is that something's corrupt in the selection list for that backup.  Try making a brand new selection list for the problem server, and see if that runs OK.  I've seen corrupted selection lists happen as the result of upgrades...