cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

2010R3 corrupt files and Mailbox store refusing to backup

Andrew__Thompso
Level 4

Hi.

Had BE2010 on SBS2008 for 6 years without skipping a beat.

Now over the last week its stopped playing nicely and the job is failing.

It moans about directories not being found even though they exist and the mailbox store wont backup it keeps saying its a corrupt file.

I have verified the Info Store with eseutil and it says its in clean state - having no problems with mail at all either.

The directorie it moans about are there - and the next night it will moan about a completely different set of directories - but they are there.

It was running R2 - so i updraded to R3 - run live update until all updates are applied.

Still fails.

• Tried turning on AOFO
  • Tried choosing Microsoft VSS Service under AOFO and choosing system option
  • Tried choosing auto select open file technology
  • Shadow copies on the server were disabled and always have been.
  • Tried enabling shadow copies, doing a full shadow.
  • vssadmin list writers shows all writers are stable
  • Tried the trusty method of a  server reboot
  • Created new job

Really dont know what to do next.

Please help

Thanks

Exerts of failures

Click an error below to locate it in the job log

Backup- C:
Directory Users\Shares\clensed username\ was not found, or could not be accessed. None of the files or subdirectories contained within will be backed up. V-79-57344-33967 - The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed. V-79-57344-65033 - Directory not found. Cannot backup directory \Users\Shares\clensed username\Amazo...

Note: Click 'Edit Selection List...' to display the View Selection Details tab of the job's selection list. Select the entry with the directory that no longer exists and click Delete to remove it.

V-79-57344-65033 - Directory not found. Cannot backup directory \Users\Shares\clensed username\Band ...

Note: Click 'Edit Selection List...' to display the View Selection Details tab of the job's selection list. Select the entry with the directory that no longer exists and click Delete to remove it.

V-79-57344-65033 - Directory not found. Cannot backup directory \Users\Shares\clensed username\Screw...

V-79-57344-65033 - Directory not found. Cannot backup directory \Users\Shares\clensed username\Suppl...

V-79-57344-65033 - Directory not found. Cannot backup directory \Users\Shares\clensed username and i...

V-79-57344-65033 - Directory not found. Cannot backup directory \Users\Shares\clensed username and i...

Backup- \\SERV\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group
V-79-57344-65247 - A failure occurred reading an object.

Click an exception below to locate it in the job log

Backup- C:
WARNING: "C:\Users\Shares\cleansed username\Copy of AmazonItemTemplate.xlsm" is a corrupt file.

This file cannot verify. WARNING: "C:\Users\Shares\cleansed username\Copy of Credit Account Opening Forms (as at Jan 2014.xls...

This file cannot verify. WARNING: "C:\Users\Shares\cleansed username\Copy of debit_memo_details (2).xls" is a corrupt file. T...

WARNING: "C:\Users\Shares\cleansed username\Copy of debit_memo_details.xls" is a corrupt file. This ...

Unable to open the item C:\Users\Shares\cleansed username\Copy of Manuform 12 month Trading April 20...

Unable to open the item C:\Users\Shares\cleansed username\Copy of Price increase.xlsx - skipped.

Unable to open the item C:\Users\Shares\cleansed username\Copy of RexelUK_Error_Report336451086.xlsx...

WARNING: "C:\Users\Shares\cleansed username\Copy of 120515.xls" is a corrupt file. This file cannot ...

Backup
V-79-57344-34108 - An unexpected error occurred when cleaning up snapshot volumes. Confirm that all ...

Backup- \\SERV\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group
WARNING: "\\SERV\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group\Mailbox Database" is a corrupt file...

Backup
V-79-57344-34108 - An unexpected error occurred when cleaning up snapshot volumes. Confirm that all ...

Verify- \\SERV\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group
WARNING: "Mailbox Database" is a corrupt file. This file cannot verify.

1 REPLY 1

lmosla
Level 6

From http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH71644  'This could happen if the file system structure on the disk is corrupt and unusable. Kindly try the following steps:

1.  Go to the command prompt and run CHKDSK /r /f to verify the integrity of the disk and fix any file system errors. Note: (This will require the server be rebooted so make sure you have scheduled maintenance for downtime)

2.  Defragment the volume where the data in question resides

3.  If the issue still exists after running CHKDSK /r /f completes successfully and defragmenting the volume where the data resides, then refer to the failed job log to see which directories are having the issue and copy and paste the data in question to a different location 

4.  Edit the backup job to point to the new location and if the results are successful then try renaming or deleting the original location and copy and paste the data back to a newly created directory with the same path as the original location.'