cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd Request: Can't Access Reports (First Post on 11/9/06)

System_Admini7
Level 3
Backup Exec 10d. Windows 2000 Server, SP4 platform (domain controller).

User Administrator can access reports. User Backup Operator can not access reports. Seems like a user rights/privileges issue. What additional rights/privileges must user Backup Operator have to which files/folders to be able to access reports? User Backup Operator can perform backups and restores. Access to reports seems to be the only issue user Backup Operator has.

Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4

Shraddha_Dhaval
Level 6
Hi,

Are you using Network Storage Executive?

If yes, please refer to the following document.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/249373

Thanks

System_Admini7
Level 3
Thank you for your response. No, Network Storage Executive is not being used.

A respondent to my first post referenced article 274341, which, if I read it correctly, states that any users must have administrator privileges. I hope this isn't the case. User Backup (Backup Operator privileges) can not be assigned full administrator privileges. This user should only be able to perform backups and restores and be able to view reports resulting from these procedures. User Backup can perform backup and restore procedures but can't view reports. IMHO, Backup Operators should be able to view reports without requiring full administrator privileges.

Rucha_Abhyankar
Level 6
Hello,

What is the Acrobat version that you are using?

Are the reports getting generated in HTML or not?

==================

System_Admini7
Level 3
Acrobat Reader V4.0 is installed on the server machine.

Can't tell from looking at the reports what format they are in. I was under the impression BE had its own viewer for the reports as nothing in the report window indicates a third party application is in use. However, the report files in C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\Data\ all have a .xml file extension. A typical file from that location is BEX_W2KS1_00689.xml.

Thanks for your continued assistance with this matter.
--
Bob