Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3e6 - Invalid access to memory location

Erik_Joosen
Level 3
3e6 - Invalid access to memory location

Error category : Other Errors
Error : 3e6 - Invalid access to memory location.
For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-0-998

The error occurs on a Windows 2003 (SP1) server with BE 10d, making a local backup. Created a new backup job and started it manually. Same error.

Service pack 1 and hotfix 26 are installed. I've tried the link, but the page does not exist anymore.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Erik
4 REPLIES 4

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
Hello,

What all is being backed up? Do you see any relevant errors in the event log?

What is the IDR data path and the Alternate path for dr file in Tools> Options > Intelligent Disaster Recovery? Have you changed it or is it the default path? Try changing the alternate data path.

Do update us on the issue.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Erik_Joosen
Level 3
Hello,

I've selected the C drive to backup. No relevant errors than:
* Begin error *
Event Type:Error
Event Source:Backup Exec
Event Category:None
Event ID:34113
Date:19-5-2006
Time:5:13:11
User:N/A
Computer:WIN2003TSSQL
Description:
Backup Exec Alert: Job Failed
(Server: "WIN2003TSSQL") (Job: "Backup") Backup -- The job failed with the following error: Invalid access to memory location.

For more information, click the following link:
http://eventlookup.veritas.com/eventlookup/EventLookup.jhtml
* End error *

Data: C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\IDR\Data\
Alternate: D:\Data\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\IDR\Data\

Both exist. Alternate is not the default path.

Today, I created a new backup, selecting one small folder on drive C. When completed, it returned status succesful. I will experiment adding folders to the selection, until the error occurs again. I'll get back to you, when I know when the error occurs.

Regards,

Erik

Shraddha_Dhaval
Level 6
Hi Erik,

Please update us on the issue.

Thanks

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ?assumed answered? and would be moved to ?answered questions? pool.

Erik_Joosen
Level 3
Hello,

Mr. Asma Tamboli mentioned a possible issue with the IDR option. I've reinstalled the IDR option. No memory errors anymore. Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Erik