cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A failure occurred accessing the SnapShot handle and more

normant
Not applicable
Getting this error on this server, can't back it up, we upgraded from 9.1 to 11D rev 7170

A failure occurred accessing the SnapShot handle.
Backup- \\JASPER\D: New VolumeV-79-57344-65218 - A failure occurred accessing the SnapShot handle

Also see    Job Completion Status
Job ended: Thursday, May 03, 2007 at 7:45:11 PM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000fec2 - A failure occurred accessing the SnapShot handle.
Final error category: Resource Errors
For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-65218

Errors
     Click an error below to locate it in the job log
Backup- \\CASH\C: V-79-57344-65218 - A failure occurred accessing the SnapShot handle.
Backup- \\JASPER\D: New VolumeV-79-57344-65218 - A failure occurred accessing the SnapShot handle.
Backup- \\JOPLIN\D: New VolumeAccess to the device JOPLIN is not authorized with this edition of the product.

If we create a seperate job for the server Joplin, it works fine.

Norman

3 REPLIES 3

Jared_S_
Level 6
Employee
Hi Norman -

I would assume you are receiving this error because you are either not licensed to use AOFO on server "CASH" or you have not installed AOFO on the "CASH" server. This would explain why when you run the job only of "JOPLIN" then you do not receive the error. My guess is "JOPLIN" has AOFO installed and licensed. Here is a tech note that explains more.

I hope this helps!

- Jared

Jared_S_
Level 6
Employee
Norman -

To add, I believe JASPER may not have AOFO installed or licensed as well.

- Jared

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
I've got this option currently, and have tried the fix from the article posted on Symantec's support site.
I would suggest for you though, that if it works by creating a new job, just delete your current jobs and recreate them. Leave your selection list intact.