cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A slection on the device was skipped because of a previous errors

BEI
Level 5

Hi,

I'm a bit confused with the "A slection on the device was skipped because of a previous error" when doing a full backup to Deduplication store.

Why would this error come up? Since it's a full backup should it not ignore previous backup history and try again?

In my case it excludes all drives but one. All drives are located on same server.

Windows 2008R2, No SQL ,No exchange just files and folder.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You cannot do ADBO to a dedup folder.  It is not supported.  AOF is o.k.  In fact, you should enable AOF otherwise your opened files may not be backed up.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

pkh
   VIP    Certified

See this document

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH38608

Although it is for an older release of BE, you can still try the solution.  Note that the dedup folder sort of emulate a virtual tape library.

BEI
Level 5

HI pkh,

Thanks for that, i have duble check the logins and they all are as required.

All the logins sim have worked previously as I have previous backup jobs from that server.

I recently enabled advanced disk-based backup option and the advanced open file, perhaps this has something to do with this?

regards

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You cannot do ADBO to a dedup folder.  It is not supported.  AOF is o.k.  In fact, you should enable AOF otherwise your opened files may not be backed up.

BEI
Level 5

Hi pkh,

Removed all ABDO and will test tonight.

Regards

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You can only do ADBO to normal disk storage.

BEI
Level 5

Thanks, the problem is now gone.

Now I have to concentrate on the sharepoint issues and SQL trans logs.

Regards