cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADIC i2000 library not showing up in BE

slidelltiger
Level 3
I have installed a new setup on backup exec 12.5 on to my server (windows 2003 Enterprise 64-bit)and backup exec does not see the i2000 library, it does see the 9 drives that are in it but puts them as stand alone drives. in device manager the library shows up like this Other Devices......ADIC Scalar i2000 SCSI array Device. so windows sees it, why does BE not see it. Any ideas? Thanks Greg
9 REPLIES 9

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
Update the firware for the tape drive. install the latest Symantec drivers for the tape device. Reboot for the Rl and server would be required

slidelltiger
Level 3
i was told that unless the library shows up in device manager as unknown medium changer Backuo Exec will not see it.

is that true? if so how do i get it to come up like that when windows sees it as an ADIC device?

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified
If your autoloader is configured to use Microsoft drivers then it will show as "Unknow Medium Changer" in the device manager, which is

recommended by Symantec. Also the tape drive should be configured to use Symantec Drivers with version 5.1.37.0

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
When you open Device manger --you should have the medium changer showing up (unknown medium changer).. If it does not detect that there is some issue with the connections or with the hardware .

But the important thing is that the changer is detected in the device manger

slidelltiger
Level 3
the tapes get the symantec drivers.

The library does not show up under medium changer it shows up under other devices.

when you expand other devices it comes up as and ADIC Scalar i2000 SCSI array Device.

how do i make it come up as a medium changer and not as other device?

I can do the update driver install from a list and then do not search. then go down to medium changer and add the ADIC driver but there is not a place to select unknown medium changer.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Install the ADSI medium changer driver 1st and then try to change the driver to unknown medium changer (ie that is microsoft drivers)

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
Download from the following link http://www.howtodrivers.com/model38029.html
Right click on My computer and click Properties. Go to Hardware tab. Click to Device Manager button.
Find your new Unknown Medium Changer on mediumchanger category double click on device and press Reinstall Driver button.
Select Install from specific location, check Include this location and click Browse button to select the Microsoftdriver click Next button to continue and click Finish button to finish installation.
.After this procedure you should see new Unknown Medium Changer in mediumchanger inside device manager.

slidelltiger
Level 3
there is no option for unknow medium changer if i install the ADIC driver 1st.

got the software but it is blocked at work so it will not connect to the web to download drivers.

any other ideas?

teiva-boy
Level 6
I'd suggest you contact Quantum/ADIC to get them to help you getting Windows to detect the library properly.  

More than likely there is a setting on the library itself that can affect how the device is detected by the OS.