cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AOFO & Cluster Disks

Lawrence_Kosin
Level 4
How should AOFO be configured to handle SAN disks that are part of a MS Cluster???
Even though I have AOFO installed, I get the following error when trying to back them up.

AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\SERVER\DISK".
Advanced Open File Option used:
VERITAS Volume Snapshot Provider (VSP).
Snapshot provider error (0xE0008538): The volume cannot be snapped using Advanced Open File Option (AOFO) because it is not a drive that is permanently attached to the target computer.
26 REPLIES 26

Lawrence_Kosin
Level 4
Can I assume that if Veritas does NOT respond within 2 business days, they are NOT interested in helping Me????

John_Trethewey
Not applicable
I have exactly the same problem, except I have just a 2 node cluster. All worked fine with BEX 9.1 now this..

Geez I guess the don't want to help you..

Lawrence_Kosin
Level 4
If anyone at Veritas cares, Service Pack 1 did not help either.

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
Please ensure that you are selecting the drives and not the share volumes for backup. Also stop the antivirus and third party application scans if any during backup.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Lawrence_Kosin
Level 4
In the past (V. 9.x) I was told NOT to use the actual drive but rather to set up a hidden share at the root of that drive.
I will run some tests tonight and respond.

Lawrence_Kosin
Level 4
Slecting the actual drive has resolved the problem.
All production jobs ran without error.

Thanks!

Ayyanan_Krishna
Not applicable
I have take backup backup is completed the error is occur.

AOFO: Initialization failure on: "trainusr". Advanced Open File Option used: VERITAS Volume Snapshot Provider (VSP).
Snapshot provider error (0xE0008538): The volume cannot be snapped using Advanced Open File Option (AOFO) because it is not a drive that is permanently attached to the target computer.
Check the Windows Event Viewer for details.