cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AOFO - Different agent choice for different servers.

Modius
Level 2
We ran 11.d trial version for a while, ran great.  Then we purchased full version with AOFO.

Backup became considerably slower.  One change I noticed was one of our SQL servers was using VSS for the AOFO under the trial version, then it went to VSP and became slow.  All other servers did not change their agents and they run fine.

Question is:  How can I force one server to go back to using VSS (we've not added any new database programs or the like)?  Can I force one server to use VSS or should I have it set to allow Microsoft to decide on the best choice for AOFO (currently its set to Automatically Select Open File Technology)?

I'm trying to make this short and to the point, though I do have a long precomposed email of our hardware and software (until I found that symantec doesn't do email support anymore :( )if that would help.
3 REPLIES 3

Modius
Level 2
Oh well, Symantec helps those who help themselves I guess.  Turns out setting the AOFO to allow Microsoft to choose the best agent was the way to go.  Backup time dropped by 4 hours.  Hope this helps anyone else out there.

Allen_K
Level 6
Please note that this is a peer-to-peer discussion forum and not technical support.  Your last post tells me you were expecting a reply from a Symantec rep here.

Usually customers come to the rescue. Other times, when they are available, a Symantec employee will volunteer his/her time to find and help solve issues just like any other member of the community.

However, in this case, it looks like you might have been better off contacting Symantec Support Services for 24/7 access to technical support professionals. You can also use our Knowledge Base Search. 

Hope that helps!

ESabo
Level 6
We have been using VSS from microsoft, that is what symantec support told me to use.