cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AOFO ERROR

Dan_Carmi
Level 3
Hello. I'm trying to backup the server that has Veritas on it. It had been working fine until several days ago. Now I get the following error:

AOFO: Initialization failure on: "C:". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).
VSS Snapshot error. The Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) snapshot provider that you selected cannot snap this volume. Select the default snapshot provider, and then run the job again.

I get this error for each drive on the server and the knowledge base has nothing on it. I have AOFO set to automatically select the method for backing up. Does anyone know how to fix this?
3 REPLIES 3

Sandesh_Bora
Level 3
Hi,
In the backup job properties on the Advance open file tab select VERITAS Volume Snapshot Provider as the snapshot technology and try running a backup.
Also select Process logical volumes for backup one at a time.

Dan_Carmi
Level 3
Ok, I will try that. In the past when I've done Processing of drives one at a time, it's errored out. Also, I don't understand why it started doing this out of nowhere.

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

Please let us know if the above solution resolved the issue. If the problem persits, do revert.

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.