cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AOFO: The required module VSPAPI.dll cannot be found.

Reginald_Ball
Level 3
We just upgraded from V10 to V10D. We use a tape carousel and there for have remote agents installed on our servers. We have the Open File Option enabled and installed "only" on the servers that require it. This strategy worked fine prior to the upgrade but now we are getting the following error. I read another post with the same issue and it was recommended that seperate jobs are created. I can't forsee that as a valid solution considering this has worked for us in the past.

As a side note: Though we are getting this error it seems that our backups are still completing.

Error:
The error "AOFO: The required module VSPAPI.dll cannot be found. The Advanced Open File Option may not be properly installed" appears when attempting to use Advanced Open File Option in Backup Exec.
6 REPLIES 6

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Please refer the following technote:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/275898

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Reginald_Ball
Level 3
My backup server has a license for the Open File agent installed. My backup job on the other hand has a few servers that have open files which we have accounted for by loading the open file agent (licensed), but my problem is with servers that only require the remote agent because they do not have open files. For those servers I am getting the missing file errors.

This configuration worked fine for Version 10.

Russ_Perry
Level 6
Employee
VSP AOFO hasn't changed between versions 10 to 10d. If the problem was that AOFO wasn't installed at all, you would get a different message. The message you're getting indicates that the AOFO VSP driver, VSP.SYS is present and running but the connector is missing or not loaded properly. I would recommend checking the server showing that error for the driver VSP.SYS being loaded. If it is, then use the above mentioned technote to troubleshoot the issue. That Technote covers everything known about the vspapi.dll error.

Reginald_Ball
Level 3
Thanks for all of the feedback. Here is a revised question...if I have the Open File Option enabled on my backup server does the open file option have to be installed on every remote server assigned to that backup job?

Reginald_Ball
Level 3
Replaced my old backup jobs with 2 new backup jobs one for remote only backups and another for open option enabled backups.

Mike_Rozentsvay
Level 2
Hello,
I'm having the same annoying problem. Splitting the backup job into two (for the servers with AOFO, and without) is not an option for me. What are the other solutions you can offer?
Mike.
P.S. I do find VSP.sys file on the remote agent-only servers. Should I rename or delete it?Message was edited by:
Mike Rozentsvayg