cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AOFO Won't Install

Grant_Hatter
Level 2
On the Win2000 server that I'm using, the option to install the Open File Option doesn't seem to work. It installed on all of my remote agent servers, but on the actual backup server the box to select the AOFO has a red X in it and won't allow me to select it.

I checked out other backup server and it seems to have the same problem. I haven't been able to find any other references anywhere to this problem. Am I just overlooking something obvious?

Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

From the tab, Tools-Serial numbers and installation, ensure that you have entered the AOFO license number. After entering the license, it will enable you to check the AOFO option. A reboot of the server is a must after installing AOFO.

If the above steps are done and if the problem still persists, revert with details.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

Grant_Hatter
Level 2
I did the steps you recommended, and the option still isn't there. I've removed and reentered the license number also. When I put in the number, AOFO shows up on my list of installed options, but I still can't select it in the following screen.

Thanks

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

If the previous solution didnt work, then now, you can again to Tools - Serial Numbers and Installation ....remove the entered AOFO license number...complete the installation....reboot once the server.....now again from Tools - Serial Numbers and Installations....insert the AOFO license number ....complete the installation procedure....and now check the results.

Hope this helps you.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Florian_Huemer
Level 2
Hello

I have exact the same problem, also Win 2k server. I can not check the box for the AOFO. What is wrong?

I allready uninstalled the Backup Exec 10.0d and installed the 9.1 with SP4 and the tapedriver.
There is no Problem with AOFO but our Tapedrive is not supported with 9.1 so i changed back to 10.0d. Again AOFO ist not avalible.
It allready worked some time ago but this was only the 30 day test.

Is there a solution?

thx a lot

Florian_Huemer
Level 2
Hello again,

Now i tried to install AOFO with the setupaofo.cmd
It also does not work.
No error-message during the installation.
I also can not find the vsp.sys in my system32 folder.

What can i do?

Nicholas_Schwee
Level 2
I'm having the same issue as Florian. When I try to install the aofo, the file runs fine, however the vsp file doesn't end up in my sys32 folder. Any ideas?

Florian_Huemer
Level 2
My Problem is still existing.

Ist there a solution or a workaround?

Florian