cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AOFO error message, yet AOFO is not selected to be used...???

Randy_Blalock
Level 4
I'm getting the following message on a job we're running each night even though AOFO is NOT selected in the job setup. In fact it is completely grayed out.
-----------------------------------------
The job completed successfully. However, the following conditions were encountered:

44 file(s) were skipped.
NOTE: The backup job was configured to use the Advanced Open File Option . However, files were skipped during backup processing. Please ensure that the Media Server CLT-BACKUP is properly licensed with the Advanced O pen File Option, or that the job is properly targeted for media servers t hat are licensed with the Advanced Open File Option.
5 REPLIES 5

Randy_Blalock
Level 4
???

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

How have you configured the AOFO option in Tools option?

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thank You

Randy_Blalock
Level 4
I'm assuming you are referring to the "Options" selection under the "Tools" menu. No AOFO options are selected and everything there is completely grayed out, the exact same as within the individual job setups.

No where in Backup Exec (at least that I am aware of) where there is an option to select AOFO has it selected.

Randy_Blalock
Level 4
So, I guess you guys gave up on this one?

Just in case you haven't....to clarify, we DO NOT want to use AOFO. It IS NOT turned on in the job setup. We DO NOT want to turn it on. We simply want to know why it the job log claims "The backup job was configured to use the Advanced Open File Option" and how to get rid of that message.

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

Please explain the Query in detail.Also we would like to know :

-Is it a local or remote server backup ?
-was backup exec installed in evaluation version ?
-what is the operating system version ?

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query
Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.