cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AVVI backup of WinXP with GRT

SSN
Level 2

Hello!

I use a German localized version of BackupExec 2010 R2.
All my winXP backup jobs pass with the message:

In German:
Ausnahmen
Klicken Sie auf eine der unten aufgeführten Ausnahmen, um diese im Auftragsprotokoll zu finden
Sichern- VMVCB::\\vc01\VCGuestVm\(DC)XYZ(DC)\vm\Testumgebung\clientTestUmgebungV-79-57344-38732 - Der virtuelle Computer "\(DC)XYZ(DC)\vm\Testumgebung\clientTestUmgebung" erfüllt nicht die Voraussetzungen, damit Backup Exec einzelne Anwendungselemente wiederherstellen kann. Sie können bei aktivierter GRT-Option keine Wiederherstellung der Anwendungsdaten von diesem Backup durchführen.

In English (with help by the Nr.: V-79-57344-38732)
V-79-57344-38732 - Virtual machine 'Virtual Machine Name' does not meet the requirements necessary for Backup Exec to restore individual application items. You cannot perform GRT-enabled restores of application data from this backup.

The article to the Nr.: V-79-57344-38732  http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH128728&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1285588899867
shows under environments only W2k.
However I can restore individual files.
What means the exception?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Unless you're using Hyper-V, I don't think it is possible to back up a Windows XP VM as a whole and restore from it.

From what I can remember, it is simply backed up on a file level from the RAWS agent.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Unless you're using Hyper-V, I don't think it is possible to back up a Windows XP VM as a whole and restore from it.

From what I can remember, it is simply backed up on a file level from the RAWS agent.