cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About licencing in Backup Exec 2014.

Jarzamendia
Level 4

We have a licence to Backup Exec 2012 with maintence active. Now how we can get the licence to backup Exec 2014?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You can also use your symaccount (the one that you logon to Connect) to logon to my.symantec.com.  If you have registered your licences with your symaccount, then you can just upgrade and get your new BE 2014 licence keys.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Steve_4
Level 4

Contact symantec licensing, they will walk you through an upgrade for your current licenses

Then just enter those provided license keys and they will no longer work for 2012 but will for 2014

Regards,
Steve

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You can also use your symaccount (the one that you logon to Connect) to logon to my.symantec.com.  If you have registered your licences with your symaccount, then you can just upgrade and get your new BE 2014 licence keys.

Steve_4
Level 4

That was technically my solution or atleast a split solution...but I guess a simplistic question doesn't deserve to be debated

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...not necessarily. The OP might actually have done this himself and not gone through the licensing department.

Please raise issues via PM in future...someone (Admin/TA etc) would be glad to help.

Thanks!

pkh
   VIP    Certified

That was technically my solution

Are you saying that my answer copied your answer?  If so, in what way?

Why should your answer share the solution?  The user may have found my answer to be more useful and better for his needs.

Jarzamendia
Level 4

I accessed my symaccount and I used the upgrade option in licencing portal.

Thanx for all the help!

Steve_4
Level 4

Like I said, a basic question does not deserve the fuss.
I did not mention that your answer copied mine, just that you decided to answer what I was prepared to inform the user after (I always find calling much quicker)

Glad you got it sorted Jarz!