cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access denied after AD migration

gareth_thomas
Level 2
I am currently in the middle of and migration from a nt4 domain to Ad w2k3.

Everything was going well until I tried to back up the recently migrated servers.

I have migrated 4 servers so far one running w2k3 which backs up ok and three running w2k two of which I get an access denied error. I have changed the account log on from old\administrator to new\administrator which works fine on the w2k3 and one of the w2k servers but not the other two. I have checked the permissions and new\administrators has full control of everything but I still get access denied. I have created a new logon account in veritas using the local admin account but still it will not work. I can ping the servers ok and I can connect to a share using new\administrator credential. I just can not connect from within veritas.

I am using Back-Up Exec 10 with remote agents installed on the servers. I have uninstalled and re installed these but still get access denied!!

Everthing worked fine before the migration

How do I solve this?
5 REPLIES 5

gareth_thomas
Level 2
The error massage from last nightds back up was

"Access is denied to remote agent check the logon account for specified device"

thanks

Neeraja_Diwan
Level 4
- Creating a new SLA and graniting it Domain Admin rights resolves this issue.
- Please try it once again and recycle the services.

Neeraja_Diwan
Level 4
Hi!

The Link below will might help you:
http://support.veritas.com/docs/284886

NotAvailable
Level 2
Hi!

I'm experiencing the similar Problems in a NT4 -> 2003 Domain Migration, using BE10:

- BE Server is still in OldDomain
- New (!) Servers (DCs) in NewDomain can be backed up via Remote Agent
- Servers migrated from OldDomain to NewDomain cannot be backed up.

We uninstalled the agents, but the remote agent installation failed (access denied). Even installing the agent locally (from CD) failed.
Tried to install with NewDom\domainAdmin, OldDom\domainAdmin and Local Admin, but no effect...

Are there any more ideas for this issue? Could it be solved in your  case?
Thanks in advance!

NotAvailable
Level 2
Hi!

Problem solved by entering a new BE System User from NewDomain... Seems like BE still used an account in OldDomain. So do what this thread tells you (-> KB Doc) and enter new SLA...
thx again

N/A