cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access denied error

Tawnisha_Scott
Level 2
I keep getting the following error after trying to backup one of my servers. I've checked the permissions and they are correct. I cannot shutdown this server so is there any other options that will make this error message go away?

Backup- ORACLE_AUBURN-NY-KRON1V-79-57344-33928 - Access is denied.
Access denied to directory .
Access is denied to Remote Agent. Check the login account for the specified device.
3 REPLIES 3

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello,
- Can you describe your environment a bit?
- What exactly are you backing up? A file server? Or a Database?
- Can you give us the Exact error message?
- Are you using AOFO?
- Are you backing up the System State of the remote system?
- Any Errors in the Event viewer?
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.

Tawnisha_Scott
Level 2
The server is a Windows Server 2003. It backs up files as well as an Oracle database. Here is the exact error message:
Backup- ORACLE_AUBURN-NY-KRON1V-79-57344-33928 - Access is denied.
Access denied to directory .
Access is denied to Remote Agent. Check the login account for the specified device.
Yes the server does use AOFO. I don't remember any error messages being in the event viewer. This message appears everytime the backup runs.

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hi,

The error will occur if the Domain Security Settings are defined to Deny logon locally for the Backup Exec logon account.

This error may also occur if the Backup Exec logon account does not have the following rights:
-Act as part of the operating system
-Create a token object
-Log on as a service
-Allow to log on locally.

Please refer to the following link on information about granting the above rights to the Backup Exec account.

After changing the Backup Exec "service account" using the Services applet, the error message: "A required privilege is not held by the client" is displayed after clicking the "Backup" button.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/254239

Hope it helps.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to the ‘answered questions’ pool.