cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access denied when discovering new resources

ryanrob
Not applicable

Hi Folks,

This is my first time using this product so please bear with me, I would appreciate any help.

I have two servers, a Server 2008 domain controller and another server running Server 2008 with exchange 2007. I have the backup software (Media Server Version 12.0 Rev 1384) installed on the server which is running exchange and have run live update to ensure the product is fully updated.

I have created an AD account with domain admin rights and also made this account an exchange admin. I have set this account as the default account with Backup Exec.

When i try to do a backup job there are no resources available for selection, I have tried setting up a job to discover new resources, when the scan completes, it does not discover anything and gives the following error on the server:

The following error occurred while attempting to discover resources on the server: Access is denied. Error Code:E0008488

I have re checked permissions and all are fine, is there anything else I could be missing? I would appreciate any help on this matter.

1 REPLY 1

Steve_W_
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Verify that the Backup Exec Agent Browser services is running on the media server.