cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access is Denied (00008488) error when backing up to USB drives

Chris_Chapman
Not applicable
I have recently been contacted by a business who wants to backup their Win2k Exchange Server to 5 separate USB hard drives (one for every business day of the week). After upgrading their Dell PowerEdge 2600 to USB 2.0, I created the media set "External USB" which points to the "F" drive (USB drive). Every backup since then has either ended with an "Access is Denied" error (code a00008488 HEX) or simply timed out.

The Windows account that is running Backup Exec is an Administrator account so it should have read/write access to the data volume and external media. Data is being copied to "F:\VERITAS\B2D\B2D000xxx.bkf" so we know something is "working". Any advice leading to a resolution will be greatly appreciated.

Also, forgive my ignorance.... I was not the one who originally installed Backup Exec on the server and I have never used Backup Exec until now. I hope you understand.
1 REPLY 1

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Please refer the following technote:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/266178

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.