cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access is denied to Remote Agent Symantec Backup Exec

hickyfunkymonke
Level 2
Hey there,

Basically my backup system (Symantec Backup Exec 11d For Windows Servers) has been running daily scheduled backups, as normal, however In the Job history log where it shows each job that has run - it states that it has failed.

From what I know, that the backup itself has run fine, just that it continues to produce the following error:

Quote:
Job ended: 20 March 2009 at 00:37:08 Completed status: Failed Final error: 0xe0008488 - Access is denied. Final error category: Security Errors For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33928
Now I have done some researching and attempted to take control of the Symantec Program folder with an Admin account, and run the task as an admin, but unfortunatly still no luck.

Has anybody else come across this?

Thanks in advance
4 REPLIES 4

nia
Level 5
Partner Accredited
Hi,

Do the following:
Go to the selection list you use, and go to check credentials and Test all. Does the test succeeds?
If no, change the credentials to a user that has access to the c: drive of the remote server. Can you take the c$ of the remote server from the Backup Server?
And another question. Do you have the Remote agent installed to the remote server?

Regards,

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
here is the Symantec TechNote for Access Denied

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/266075.htm

is the Remote Agent service running as the Local System Account?

hickyfunkymonke
Level 2
Thankyou for getting back to me.
Ken
is the Remote Agent service running as the Local System Account?
As far as I am aware of yes!

Nia
Go to the selection list you use, and go to check credentials and Test all. Does the test succeeds?
Just run the credential test, and all areas passed stating "Successful - used Server Credentials"

If no, change the credentials to a user that has access to the c: drive of the remote server. Can you take the c$ of the remote server from the Backup Server?
We only use one server, which the backup system resides on also. However there is an older server that the they had used prior to my arrival, but there is not Symantec programs that run on it........how would I know if there was an agent on their.

Hope that made sense :s!!

hickyfunkymonke
Level 2
*bump