cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add agents install/MSDE

Level 2
I am attempting to install a couple of additonal agents to my existing BEWS91 server. In the process of the installl it looks like the whole program is reinstalled (with the default install settings). I am concerned about wiping my MSDE database. I have another piece of software with a database instance which I do not want to wipe out.

Please let me know if my MSDE will be reinstalled/wiped by installing addtional agents.

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

SANDEEP_PILLAY
Level 6
Hi,

When Backup Exec is installed, it is installed on its own default MSDE instance. It does not get installed on another MSDE instance until you have installed backup exec on an existing SQL server instance.

However, there is a file called BEDB.bak which is kept in the following location ( \program files\veritas\backup exec\NT\data ). This file contains the backup of the Backup Exec Database. Copy the old BEDB.bak file which will be used for restore to this location. Replace with the existing file if you would like to have all the old settings back.

Please perform a recover database. Open BEUTILITY.EXE from \program files\veritas\backup exec\NT.

Select All media server by right clicking, add the media server and select recover database from the task pane on the left. You will see a dialog box, choose "drop database and reload database from backup" option.

Refer to the following technote as an reference:

- http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/254014.htm

We hope this will help.

SANDEEP_PILLAY
Level 6
Hi,

Please kindly update us on the issue.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
Hello,

In reference to our previous reply to your post, we would request you to update us on the progress.

However, if we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be 'assumed answered' and archived.

Thanks.

Level 2
Thank you.