Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to attach to Media

Rob_Lauder
Level 4
Hi,

I have BEW9.1 SP2 running on NT4 SP6

I am backing up 2 Servers, both NT, one Server runs Exchange 5.5. The tape device is an HP SDLT320. The backup operation is fine... when I come to do a restore however I get the following error:

Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xa000848c - Unable to attach to one of the drives.

This happens when I try to restore to both the remote Exchange Serrver and also when I a restore a file to the local Server.

Any Ideas would be appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Is the remote agent service running on the remote server you are restoring to?If no, start teh remote agent service on the target server.

You can also refer the following technote to troubleshoot this issue:
"Unable to attach to one of the drives" (a000848c HEX or e000848c HEX) is reported when a job fails )
http://support.veritas.com/docs/266177

Thank you,

Rob_Lauder
Level 4
Hi,

Thanks for the advice.

I found that the remote agent was not displayed under license information for BEW help. I had infact upgraded from 8.6 so it may have been using the old incompatible remote agent. I have installed the 9.1 remote agent and can now restore files to the local file server however when I try to restore successfully backed up Exchange mailbox data to the remote Server I still get the same error.

I have gone through the article and associated articles as suggested. The logon account should be ok as it is a domain account from administrator rights and additionally I am able to backup, although I have had some backup failures with the error:

“A network connection to the Backup Exec Remote agent has been lost.”

I have added NDMP 10014/tcp in the services file as suggested in an article.

Do you have any more suggestions?

Rob_Lauder
Level 4
I noticed that the service account did not have an Exchange mailbox... as soon as I created one the issue resolved.

Thanks.