cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding old backup media

ITClown
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

I'm completely new to the backup exec world so I need some advice.  Our previous network admin created backups of our exchange 2003 environment.  He is no longer working for us and I found his old backups he created using backup exec 2010 R3.  The server where he created the backups no longer exists so I had to install backup exec 2010 R3 from scratch.  

My issue is I don't know how to attach it his old backups to our new backup exec server.  In the network admin's directory I found, there is a folder called IMG000001 and inside it are all the files I need (mainly the EBD of a exchange 2003 mailstore).  

When running our new install of Backup Exec, it only sees the new backups I have been creating, not the old ones in the network admin's stash.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

You need to create a Backup-2-Disk folder in BE console and point it to old backup set(folder where

IMG directory resides). You will also have to catalog the B2D folder so that the Restore can show 

what data was backed up. Before restoring data you need to catalog the media(in your case it is B2D

folder)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

You need to create a Backup-2-Disk folder in BE console and point it to old backup set(folder where

IMG directory resides). You will also have to catalog the B2D folder so that the Restore can show 

what data was backed up. Before restoring data you need to catalog the media(in your case it is B2D

folder)