cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advance Open File with 2000 and 2003 in one job

Rich_LeBlanc
Level 2
I have Veritas 9.1 installed on a windows 2003 server. From This server I back up itself, and a Windows 2000 Server from onebackup job. I do like to use the Advanced Open File technology that veritas offers, However it is not compatible with windows server 2000 - only when backing up windows 2003 server. So in the backup job - everything goes fine when backing up the windows 2003 server - but when it hits the windows 2000 server - it does back that up but does give me an "Advanced File Open" error - of course because it (AFO) is not compatible with 2000 - only 2003 - or so my understanding is in that 2000 is not compatible with volume shadow copying which is the function we are talking about here. Currently on the AFO selection it is set to "Autmantically select Technology". So, if I have one backup job, is there a way to tell that backup job to only use AFO on certain servers only if I am running in one job?
3 REPLIES 3

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

There is no comaptibility conflict between the Windows 2000 and the advanced Open file optin.

However what is exact error you are getting?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Rich_LeBlanc
Level 2
I get the error:

Backup Exec cannot communicate with the Advanced Open File Option component selected. If you just installed this option, reboot the computer that the option is running on, or try reinstalling the option.

when it communicates with a 2000 server - maybe I'm missing a plug in from msoft on this 2000 server?

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

Please uninstall and reinstall AOFO.

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/253620.htm

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/258982.htm

Thanks,
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.