cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After Upgrade from 2010R3 to 2012 - deleted jobs remain active

DJOutlaw
Level 2

Hi everybody,

I have recently upgraded from BE 2010R3 to 2012. During the upgrade my existing backup jobs have been migrated automatically but the result was completely crappy, so I deleted all migrated jobs and created new ones from the scratch.

After creating the new jobs, I've opened the backup calendar to review if the new jobs are scheduled correctly and found that there was a number of the previously deleted migrated jobs (but not all of them) still listed - and that those jobs were still avtive as they tried to start when the scheduled date/time has been reached (ending up in an error message saying there was no valid selection for that script).

I double checked the servers job lists but there are listed my newly created jobs only - none of those 'ghosts' shows up there.

Does anybody of you folks have an idea how to get rid of those deleted but still active jobs?

Thanks a lot,
Volker

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

DJOutlaw
Level 2

Hi all,

I have solved the issue by opening the BEDB database in SQL Management Studio and deleting the obsolete jobs from the BEJobs table. Of course, I have backed up the database proir to deleting the jobs. wink

The jobs are no longer listed in the backup calendar.

Works well...

Best,
Volker

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Open up BEutility and follow the TN below:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH67239

What this will do is basically repair any errors in the BEDB, and age old data, effectively deleting it out of the BEDB.

Thanks!

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

From the information provided, it seems that the issue that you are facing is as mentioned in this technote

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH186876 : Policy based AVVI backup jobs are shown twice under Backup Calendar after upgrading from BE 2010 R3 to BE 2012 which results in email alert notification for the pre upgrade job.

Though its mentioned as AVVI jobs in that technote but I suppose that could be realted to other backup job too. This is also put on the Known Issue section of this forum:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/issues/policy-based-avvi-backup-jobs-are-shown-twice-under-b...

Thanks,

-Sush...

DJOutlaw
Level 2

@CraigV and Sush...

Thanks for your replies. I went through CraigV's suggestion but unfortunately it didn't help.
Seems like Sush... is right and my issue is quite similar to the one described in TN 186876.

Perhaps there will be a hotfix soon...

DJOutlaw
Level 2

Hi all,

I have solved the issue by opening the BEDB database in SQL Management Studio and deleting the obsolete jobs from the BEJobs table. Of course, I have backed up the database proir to deleting the jobs. wink

The jobs are no longer listed in the backup calendar.

Works well...

Best,
Volker