Did you mean: 

After migration to new backup server, I struggle with devices from the old one

bjorn_b
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hello

I have migrated a backupserver and used this tech note as a base:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH67768

After the migration most things works fine, but I have some issues with my devices that I still haven't managed to figure out (and never experienced before)

First of all: I would like to get rid of the bottom backup server (the old one), but I'm not able to delete the folder, and then not the backup server itself.

The Tapedrive1 is shown as shared, but I have uninstalled it from the old backupserver (this is fibre connected, so it might still be visible through the SAN)
And from the Backup2-server, I'm not able to utalize Tapedrive 2 when I target the library. Strange!?!?

Any qualified help is appreciated

This is Backup Exec 2010 R3 SP2 (and a couple of hotfixes)

/bjorn

3 REPLIES 3

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

First of all: I would like to get rid of the bottom backup server (the old one), but I'm not able to delete the folder, and then not the backup server itself.

--> This can be done by manually editing the Database. I would request you to open a support case so that it can be righlty handled because any unnecessary editing in database can corrupt it to unrecoverable state.

The Tapedrive1 is shown as shared, but I have uninstalled it from the old backupserver (this is fibre connected, so it might still be visible through the SAN)

--> Right click and see if there are any option to uncheck the Sharing thing.

And from the Backup2-server, I'm not able to utalize Tapedrive 2 when I target the library. Strange!?!?

--> For this have you installed Library Expansion Option (LEO). As this is an additional drive in the library you will require LEO option.

Thanks,

-Sush...

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I would like to get rid of the bottom backup server (the old one), but I'm not able to delete the folder, and then not the backup server itself.

I would recommend you to contact symantec support for this.... 

Do you have enough LEO licenses inplace? Target the job at drive 2 and see if it runs...

bjorn_b
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

There is no "Unshare" uncheck-button on the drive

And LEO is already installed. 

I suspect the reason might be that the library is still visible for the old backup server, but don't know. I might register a case for this one :)