cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After upgrade to 11d Backup Hangs

Afonso_Martins
Level 4
Hello,

I have performed the upgrade of backup exec to version 11d. Since the upgrade, my backups are not running properly.

I have a backup to disk, and after the backup to disk i have a duplicate job that will copy the data to a tape.

At the moment, the backup starts ok, but after sometime it seems to be running but it is not. I am seeing that it was backup 7GB of data, and it has passed 4 hours and the size of the backup file is still 7GB.

The log file is always showing the same information, the backup seems to be stopped at hours, but the job status is still running.

I have tried to cancel the job but the job doesn't cancel, i had to restart the backup exec service to stop the job.

This is happening on all my daily, weekly and montly jobs.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you,
5 REPLIES 5

Afonso_Martins
Level 4
Some more information:

- I am running Windows 2000.
- when this happens, in the job activity, the statistics, like directories, files, job rate, bytes, this fields are not being updated but the job is running
- I have changed the order of backups, and currently the job is trying to backup the local machine

Thank you,

Philip_Pearson
Level 6
Delete and re-create all your jobs, policies and selection lists.

These issues always arise on an upgrade if you keep the same jobs that you were using under V10. You can try a new selection list at first, but if that fails then get rid of the rest.

I trust the agents have been upgraded?

Afonso_Martins
Level 4
Philip,

Thank you for your reply.

I have created new jobs, policies and selection lists, but i didn't deleted the old ones, i hope this is not a problem.

Yes, i have upgraded all the agents.

The most strange was that the first backup after the upgrade was sucessfully, it was a full backup, but after that all the other backups have failed, and the second full also failed.

Well let's see if today the backup runs proprely.

Thank you!!

Afonso_Martins
Level 4
Hi,

ok, i have created new jobs, slection list and policies, i have enabled the new ones and disable the old ones.

Today the backup is again in running state but is doing nothing.

It is currently backing up the system state on the veritas machine itself.

Should i reeinstall the remote agent?

Any other idea?

Thank you,

Afonso_Martins
Level 4
ok, this issue is closed.

Thank you Philip