cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AiT on new server and new install help !!

Nic_Calvert
Level 3
I posted yesterday that I have a major problem with getting a new server with a Sony SDX-700V AiT drive in it. The server has no problems, its clean and the only things popping up in the logs are the usual warnings about WMI, which acording to MS are just that warnings and can be ignored.

I installed the Veritas Backup Exec for SBS 10 on the SBS 2003 server and the tape drive would not appear in the veritas device manager, even though it was fine in windows, replaced the driver with the veritas one, tried the disable option that veritas gives you for the windows storage manager and still nothing. I tried downloading the extra drivers back as suggested by veritas and still the drive will not appear to the veritas software, the logs filled with errors and I have no where else to turn.

So anybody got any ideas here ??

Just to add, I have wiped the server and re-installed everything with the same result. Also to note when you get into BE the server is red and noted as being offline, does this help ??!!Message was edited by:
Nic Calvert
3 REPLIES 3

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
Have you verified in windows device manager whether the device is detected there. If it is not then try a power cycle of the server and the tape. Power on the tape drive before the server so that it can be detected.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Nic_Calvert
Level 3
The device is detected and will work through windows SBS backup and through retrospect, its just it will not appear in the veritas device detection. Also the device is an internal unit for future reference on an Adaptec Raid controller.

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Make sure that server is online.

Also note that device should be connected to the scsi controller.

Please refer the following technote:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/191488

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.