Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert..."Warning: Please insert overwritable media into the robotic ..."

Esteban_Xpears
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi all.

I have one of my clients with this problem. Appeared alert "Warning: Please insert overwritable media into the robotic ...", but in the Media Set is available tapes.
The Media Set is configured as Infinite Overwrite protection and Append Period to Infinite also.

The job is directed to the Media Set ..... Any idea why this show is alert and not taking the move tapes?

I attached pictures of what has been said.

The customers all BE 2010.

Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

The media set does not contain any overwritable media hence BE is throwing alerts.

Prior to running any backup job do not assign media to any media set, let the media be in the 

scratch media set. BE will pick up tape from scratch media set and once backup is done the 

media will be placed in the media set which is associated with the policy.

In BE console, click on Tools -> Options -> Media Management, make sure following options are 

selected

1) Overwrite protection is set to "Partial"

2) use recycable media before using scratch media

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

The media set does not contain any overwritable media hence BE is throwing alerts.

Prior to running any backup job do not assign media to any media set, let the media be in the 

scratch media set. BE will pick up tape from scratch media set and once backup is done the 

media will be placed in the media set which is associated with the policy.

In BE console, click on Tools -> Options -> Media Management, make sure following options are 

selected

1) Overwrite protection is set to "Partial"

2) use recycable media before using scratch media

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

The Media Set is configured as Infinite Overwrite protection

With this setting, no media will become overwritable once written (means there will not be any recyclable media in the media set). So you should have medias available in SCRATCH media set for BE to use, whenever backup job runs.

Change OPP settings. Calculate OPP according to the retension requirements, Backupdata size and the number of media you have.

Esteban_Xpears
Level 4

With the information I passed, I will apply on the client.

Thank you!

Esteban_Xpears
Level 4

The issue was solved.! wink