cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All of a sudden...

tcalvet
Level 3

I'm getting this error after months of successful backups.

Exchange GRT backup to disk fails with an error V-79-57344-759 Unable to complete the operation for the selected resource using the specified options and Getting final error 0xe00002f7 "cannot extract mailbox messages from the exchange backup.

However, the solution in this article does not help in my case because the disk that the backups are going to is not compressed.

BE 2010 R2 Media Server: Version 13.0 Rev. 2896 (32-bit)

Dell RD1000 USB attached storage device.

10 REPLIES 10

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Not provided Exchange server details...

For exchange 2007 or later,

Check the setting under exchange job properties, Microsoft Exchange, Settings.

Change the High Availability Server setting to Backup From the Active node only.

Hope this helps...

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

You have mentioned " BE 2010 R2 Media Server: Version 13.0 Rev. 2896 (32-bit)"

Could you please confirm the same because if it is Backup Exec 2010 R2 then the version would be 13.0 Rev. 4164 and not Rev 2896 which is actually o fBE 2010 R1.

Also ensure that you  have the correct version of Remote Agent installed on the Exchange server (if Exchange server is remote to the Media server)

Thanks,

-Sush...

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Try reinstalling the remote agent 1st .

If nothing is changed ,steps from the following document should resolve the issue .

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH68132

tcalvet
Level 3

Media server is R1, I was looking at the R2 admin console "About" screen and it threw me off.

tcalvet
Level 3

on MS Windows Server 2003 Standard 32-bit SP2

tcalvet
Level 3

that didn't last long. One successful backup, and then back to the same failure for Friday's backup. I'll continue to post here each nights results until I get a reasonable response from a knowledgeable person.

tcalvet
Level 3

I didn't have the chance to try this as yet. My setup makes this an after hours affair, and I need to schedule it about a week in advance. That said, I would think that once this error started, that it would continue without interruption. I would like someone to explain the one successful run last week.

tcalvet
Level 3

Last night the job ran successfully. Anyone want to bet it fails tonight?

jmilgie
Not applicable
Partner

Same Exact issue, timing seems to be about the same as well.... i'm thinking patches at this point -- i was behind on 4 updates for BUE -- looking at exchange server now.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

any update on this issue??