Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An unknown backup-to-disk folder was found at the specified path

ChrisHin
Not applicable
Partner

Using Backup Exec 2010r2 with the latest patches applied

Using removal backup to disk USB drives mapped to a drive letter.  I'm unable to allocate another drive to the set as I get the following errors.

"An unknown backup-to-disk folder was found at the specified path. Do you still want to create a new backup-to-disk folder at this path?"

If I click OK I get "Cannot create the Backup-to-Disk Folder in the path specified because another Backup-to-Disk Folder is already using that path."

I have no existing B2D device at the drive letter I want to use, there may have been one previously however there is nothing visible in the console.

I have performed an extensive repair of the DB to no avail.

Is there a way I can view and remove any previously created drive letters from the system?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I take it that you have multiple USB disks and you have assigned all of them to the same drive letter.  You should not do this with BE 2010 R2 because it has improved handling of USB devices.  You should just let drive letters be assigned by the OS.

there is nothing visible in the console

Do you mean under the Devices tab?  If not, check under the Devices tab.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

The reason for the error is you are specifying an existing B2D folder that already contains the 2 .CFG files