cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arcserv

A_van_der_Boom
Level 6
Hi,

I want to test Arcserv and was wondering if I can keep the BE9.1 agents installed or do I have to remove them from my machines?

Regards
A van der Boom
2 REPLIES 2

paul_Blitz
Level 2
We used to use (and still use to some extent) Arcserve 2000 to backup various servers... although right now it's just doing exchange backups.

We have moved over to using Backup Exec (9.1) and have just (in the last 2 weeks) ALSO installed the BE agent onto our exchange server, in preparation for exclusively using BE to back it up.

Exchange is ver 5.5 on W2k, and both backups appear to be working fine with both the arcserve2000 agent and the BE 9.1 agent.

Regards
Paul Blitz

Ameet_Thakkar
Level 6
Yes. You can install the Remote Agent on machines with Arcserv agents. But before installing these agents, please make sure that you have disabled the Arcserv agents. When you perform a backup using the Veritas Backup Exec software, please enable the Veritas Remote Agent for Windows Servers for successful backup operations. Whereas while performing backups using the Arcserve software, please use the Arcserve agent.

We hope this answers your query.