cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are you using CPS in your environment?

Corey_Wilson
Level 6
Topic says it all. Are you using CPS in your environment? If so, roughly how many servers and how much data are you using it to backup? Are you using it in place of a daily incremental/differential with full's on the weekends?

I would be curious to hear how other companies are leveraging this feature.

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2

Barry_Greenaw1
Level 3

Hi Corey

I successfully implemented CPS after upgrading to Backup Exec 12 and it is running without any problems.

My CPS Protection Server is a really old 1 GHz Pentium III HP workstation with 1 GB RAM running W2K3 Server and it is more than capable of holding the CPS backup data on a 160 GB IDE drive.

CPS under BE 11d was flaky to say the least, so I strongly advise using 12.

I use it primarily for the benefit of our engineering department who are constantly manipulating huge CAD/CAM files, of which we have tens of thousands of files taking up about 60 GB on our iSCSI SAN.

Previously they were constantly asking me to revert back to a version of a file that was only available on a tape backup from the previous night. Now I have snapshots running every hour between 6:00 am and 6:00 pm and the engineers can easily retrieve files themselves back to any given point of time using the BERetrieve utility. Absolutely no impact on overall system performance at all.

Hope that helps. 

Corey_Wilson
Level 6
Nobody else using this technology in their environment?