cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Article: TECH143248

bawbag
Level 2

I am currently testing Backup Exec 2010 with a view to upgrading from 12 and 12.5.  I'm having some issues that need the hotfix that's listed in Article: TECH143248 . Once its working I can evaluate the SharePoint agent functions. 

My support for 12.5 has expired and the support guy said I have to pay for a single incident to get this hotfix.

Is there any way of getting a link to this ?  The whole point in evaluating the upgrade is to get an agent that works with 2008r2 and Sharepoint 2010.

Thanks.

Bawbag.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

It isn't them being awkward about it. The patch is obviously in Beta, but serious enough if people need it. But because it is in Beta, Symantec want a call logged so that they can absolve themselves of anything happening in your production environment.

Maybe tell them it is an evaluation, and see what they say...doubt they will help though.

Can you please close this off if this has answered yout query?

Shot!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV

Hi,

No...this is a pre-release HF. As such, you have to open a case with Symantec. Because it is pre-release, they're probably going to make you aware of such, and state you install it at your own risk.

Laters!

bawbag
Level 2

No point in evaluating the upgrades if they are going to be ackward about it then.

Thanks for your response.

CraigV

It isn't them being awkward about it. The patch is obviously in Beta, but serious enough if people need it. But because it is in Beta, Symantec want a call logged so that they can absolve themselves of anything happening in your production environment.

Maybe tell them it is an evaluation, and see what they say...doubt they will help though.

Can you please close this off if this has answered yout query?

Shot!