cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autoloader SCSI configuration

Todd_Earnhardt
Level 2
I have a Scorpion-240 autoloader with the following SSCI configuration. Medium changer at SCSI ID 6 LUN 0 and Tape Drive at SCSI ID 6 LUN 1. They are the only device(s) on the card (an Adaptec 29160 Ultra SCSI) I inherited this setup and presume it was the product of auto detection. Does this configuration look OK? I'm trying to troubleshoot some back up anomalies and want to make sure its not a SCSI bus issue.
3 REPLIES 3

Russ_Perry
Level 6
Employee
If Backup Exec detects the library changer and drive and can perform backups, chances are things are configured correctly. The Scorpion 240 is a multi-LUN device and as long as Multi-LUN is enabled on the controller card, all should be fine.

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Maybe it's the changer - but every other Multi-LUn configuration I have seen has had the Tape drive on LUN 0 and the changer on LUN 1.

If you are having a SCSI bus issue, you will find that Windows will log some events in teh System Log - look for Event ID 9,11 and 15 to do with SCSI bus timeouts.

Todd_Earnhardt
Level 2
Right John,

The changer is indeed LUN 1 and the tape drive LUN 0.
I guess I'll take Russ's advice and go with the configuration I have since it seems to be working (e.g., no definitive evidence of SCSI faults). Maybe the glitches were due to the Removable storage service discuss in a previous thread.