cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B2D Failures

Chris_Pofahl
Level 2
Hello,

I am trying to run duplicate jobs, first run the job to my Wondows 2003 Apliance Server( or NAS). I am able to successfully complete a differential job of 1 server that is approx 3 GB in size, but when I try and run my Full Backup which consists of about 12 servers and 400GB of data it fails. The error message I get is:
"Storage device "servername" reported an error on a request to write data to media.
Error reported:
The specified network name is no longer available.
V-79-57344-34036 - An unknown error has occurred.

I have looked this up and the solution was to use a domain logon account to run the job,but I already am using a domain admin account to run the job. The B2D folder is not directly attatched to my Media Server, I have the B2D folders mapped using UNC. The properties of my folders are:

Max size for B2D files: 10GB
Max # of backup Sets: 100
Device settings: Auto
Concurrent Operations Allow: 1
3 REPLIES 3

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Storage device "servername" reported an error on a request to write data to media.

This error is seen when the Backup-to-Disk folder resides on a drive which has been mapped from the NAS (Network Attached Storage) server to the Media server. To resolve the issue, create a Backup-to-disk folder directly on the NAS server.

Follow the steps given below to create a Backup-to-disk folder directly on the NAS server:

1. Open the VERITAS Backup Exec Software.

2. In the VERITAS Backup Exec window, on the navigation bar, click Devices

In the left pane, expand the server icon

4. Right-click on the Backup-to-Disk Folders (Figure 3) and select New Backup-to-Disk Folder... option.

5. In the New Backup-to-Disk Folder window:

a. In the Name: box type a desired name for the Backup-to-Disk folder.

b. In the Path: box, click the browse button

c. In the Choose Backup Folder Location window, click My Network Places , and browse to the remote NAS server.
d. Select the NAS on the remote server.

e. Click the OK button.

6. In the New Backup-to-Disk Folder window , click the OK button to close the Backup to Disk folder configuration window.

After configuring the Backup-to-disk folder directly on the NAS server, configure the backup to the new Backup-to-disk folder.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Chris_Pofahl
Level 2
Well, this issue was solved. I had to increas the amount of concurrent operations to the B2D folder. Also, the way you mention adding B2D folders is not right, it works,but not right. You should be creating B2D folders by UNC.By creating by shares the job will run from the remote server to the to the management station then to the B2D. By configuring it by UNC it goes straight to the B2D.

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

As your issue is solved please let us know if we can archive this post.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.