cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B2D report low disk space

anders_collstru
Level 3

Dear Forum,

I am using Backup Exec 2010 on a Windows 2008r2 server. Each time we change the password that our symantec services use, then we have the following two problems.

1) We need to re-map the drive to the NAS where we store our B2D folders. And save the password (even we did not change the password on the NAS)

2) After that backup jobs report "low disk space" or "out of disk space" And I need to re-create ALL B2D folders.

It is quite annoyin ... are there another way to solve the problem that I am missing?

Best Regards

Anders Collstrup

12 REPLIES 12

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...this shouldn't happen, although I understand maybe re-entering the BESA details.

Can your NAS do iSCSI? This would offer a persistent connection and get around any authentication issues.

If so, consider this as an option...I used it when backing up to Iomega NAS arrays, and it worked like a charm.

Thanks!

anders_collstru
Level 3

Hi Craig,

Thanks for you reply. Unfortunately our NAS boks cannot do iSCSI.

I assume BESA details af the username/password for the different BE services. It is when that is changed the problems start.

/Anders

CraigV

It needs to reauthenticate on the NAS, but you shouldn't have to redo your B2D configurations.

What version of BE 2010 are you on? If not on BE 2010 R3, consider upgrading to this with the latest SP and patches, and push-install them to your remote agents. BE 2010 R3 fixed a number of issues with the previous 2 versions, and from my perspective improved connecting to the Iomega NAS devices. That was what I found with the upgrade at least.

You can use your current license keys too...

http://trialware.norton.com/files/fc/Backup_Exec_2010_13.0.5204_MultiPlatforms_Multilingual_DVD.iso

anders_collstru
Level 3

I am using 2010r3 with the following hotfixes

Service Pack1
Hotfix 167567
​Hotfix 171073
​Hotfix 164959
​Hotfix 170962
​Hotfix 172625

/Anders

CraigV

...you're a number of SPs out there Anders. Run LiveUpdate to install the latest SP and any subsequent patches before push-installing them to your remote servers.

Then try the same procedure again and report back as to whether or not you get the same issue.

Thanks!

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Ideally, you shouldn't be mapping your drives for B2D, instead should be using UNC path.

anders_collstru
Level 3

I am now running with Service Pack 4 and Hotfix 212812 but the problem persists.

Also the B2D devices shows as offine after reboot.

And I am using UNC paths in the B2D properties.

/Anders

VJware
Level 6

1) We need to re-map the drive to the NAS where we store our B2D folders. And save the password (even we did not change the password on the NAS)

What exactly do you mean by mapping the drive in this case ?

2) After that backup jobs report "low disk space" or "out of disk space" And I need to re-create ALL B2D folders.

Next time instead of recreating the B2D folders, try running an inventory of the storage device instead.

anders_collstru
Level 3

Sorry if I was unclear in previous post.

Every 6 months all passwords are changed in our environment. That include the passwords for the BE services.

After that, the connection to the NAS is "broken" and need to fixed, and the password for the NAS needs to be stored in Windows. So I map a drive letter to the NAS box, to store the password.

After that the same problem always happes: B2D devices shows offiline after reboot, I am unable to make backup becauce the report low disk space, or out of disk space. Inventory of a B2D device fails with error:
"Final error: 0xe0008212 - Library error - invalid element address"

Previously I have solved the problem by recreating all my B2D devices, but I am looking for a smater way to do it.

/Anders

VJware
Level 6

I am guessing as the connection to the NAS gets "broken", an issue occurs with the .cfg files which are present in the B2D folders. Which is why recreating the B2D folder helps as that is essentially recreating these .cfg files

It would be better to log a formal support case for us to review your setup.

anders_collstru
Level 3

Okey, I have opend a support case.

Thank for your help.

/Anders

anders_collstru
Level 3

Seams my support contract was expired. I have no plans to renew it, so I will continue recreate my B2D devices until the switch to veeam is completed.

/Anders