cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B2D2T help

lddtech
Not applicable
I have a client that is running Symantec BE12 and the backup jobs are taking a very long time to complete causing other jobs to miss the designated windows.  They only backup about 100GB of data when everything completes.  I want to backup to disk then copy that backup to tape.  Can somebody guide me through this?  I searched the forums and the answers I have found seem too complex for my issue. 
Thank You 
Dan
3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi,

So you're going to do the following:

1. Set up a B2D folder, and make that the target for your backups. Schedule it at the required time and let it run.
2. Once done with #1, look under Backup Tasks in Job Setup, and choose New Job to Duplicate Backup Sets. Select the option to Duplicate backup sets following a job. Once done, you can give it a name, and then select the tape drive under Destination --> Device and Media.

What will happen is the primary job will kick off first, and back up to disk. Once done, the secondary job will kick off and backup to tape. Don't forget that you can set notification for this too so that you know what's going on.

Laters!

MarkusK
Level 4
Hi Dan,

as a addition to the above written, i would suggest you to set up the duplicates to tape with a policy.
There are already Duplicate Backup Sets Templates and Media Rotation Templates (for the tapes) under "Job Setup" available.

They should help you to get this thing running.

cheers

Markus

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi Dan,

Any news here?