cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BACKUP EXEC - CPS 12.5 / SERVER STATUS UNAVAILABLE

Sami_Kallio
Not applicable
Hello!
Does any one know answer to this kind of problem?

- I updated my cps to build number: 12.5.417.5401
Everything works fine a while, but now the server status of my remote agents servers are "UNAVAILABLE".

I can´t add any new backup-selections or folders or display any settings about my remote-server.

I have reinstalled and checked clients, servers and firewalls, but nothing seems to be wrong?
Still my status for other remote-servers is "unavailable"

BR,
Sami "SamTheMan"
2 REPLIES 2

Ed_A_
Not applicable
By comparing configurations against machines that I hadn't upgraded yet, I noticed that the following registry keys were missing:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Symantec\ENL\Network.TCPIP  -> Gateway (string that points to your CPS's CMS server)
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Symantec\ENL\Network.UDPV6 -> Gateway (again, a string that poitns to your CPS's CMS server)

Network.TCPIP and Network.UDPV6 are both Keys, and Gateway is a string entry under each.

After adding these settings to the registry of the remote machines and restarting the CPS services, the remotes were available again.

I hope this helps.

mcianchetti
Not applicable
Had to reboot one of the servers as restarting the services only worked on one so far.  I still have one more server to do.

To add further info (and this may be the same for you guys) - only servers outside of our firewall here are doing this.  I updated 4 servers located here in our office and they are missing those registry entries as well but they do not report as UNAVAILABLE.  Just a heads up for everyone!  The 4 remote servers (all in different locations throughout the US) all reported as UNAVAILBLE so far after the upgrade.  Some of those remote servers were upgraded from v11.x and 12.0.x agents.

-mike