cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 10.0 5484 SP3 - Installed, but previous hotfixes show available

Darrell_Horn
Not applicable
This morning I checked for new updates and applied BackupExec 10.0 5484 SP3 (be5484RSP3_279930). No errors were encountered - install was successfull. After reboot, I again checked available updates. Listed were several previous updates (including SP1), which had already been applied, and under "Installed Updates" SP3 did not show up. What is going on with the "Veritas Update" and SP3?
8 REPLIES 8

Christophe_MARC
Level 3
Still having the same !
Initial status was BE 10.0 5484 SP1 + RHF1...RHF30
Applying SP3 and rebooting OK
Checking in BE Console about : SP3 + RHF9 reported present
Checking in the Web BE update : installed are SP3 and RHF9 (true), but available : all other are listed "as missing ?!"

The positive is that the product is still working and when checking on a file details, the RFH30 for example was not removed by the SP3

CM.

alvin_cho
Level 3
I've got the same problem as well. After installing SP3, only HF9 & SP3 remains the installed updates list in the console, all the previous updates disappeared. And when checking the webupdate it lists all the previous updates.

Trevor_Brown
Level 3
Glad to hear I'm not the only one with this problem. I can confirm the same thing after installing SP3 on Win2k and Win2k3 servers. Now they only show HF9 and SP3 as being installed, even though all updates were previously installed prior to applying SP3.

Christophe_MARC
Level 3
Dear all,

1) I've open a case with Veritas to solve my issue.
Veritas said that I have to upgrade to a better release...
My starting point was 10.0.5484 RHF1...RHF30 plus SP3
So I've upgrade to 10.0.5520.
Then I need to install a SP1 over it
Then I need to install RHF13,15,17,18.19.22 over it
During all these tests, the positive is that at any moment,
the Veritas About and the Veritas update were always OK for the 10.0.5520.

Then I've upgrade to 10.1.5629 (the 10d)
Then I need to install RHF4 and 6 over it
During all these tests, the positive is that at any moment,
the Veritas About and the Veritas update were always OK for the 10.1.5629

2) Of course, the Backup/Restore feature were not tested, so before deploying either the 5520 or the 10d, I need to test/validate/success the upgrades for my productives BE servers, then upgrade all my BE clients, and test basic features and do some recover... This is another story...

3) In the meantime, the same problem with SP3 on 10.0.5484 in Veritas Update was seen by my contact at Veritas

4) Because the provided solution did not repair the Veritas Update problem that I am having on all my productive 10.0.5484 servers that need to receive or are having SP3, I've .asked. .precisely. to have a correction of the problem (in Veritas update) (also because I do not plan to upgrade my production to 5520 or 10d before months) ... I do not have the official answer about a such Veritas Update for the moment, but it seems this "Veritas Update repair" is maybe not for tomorrow...

5) I've said to Veritas that we are many having the exact same problem (and not able to change the release immediatly I presume), and asked the permission to update this forum with these facts and their answers, they say OK...

6) I've refused to do a "product enhancement request" just to have a basic feature working for a "still current and fresh BE release"

7) So I will update this post as soon as I receive an official answer to my case, it is Chrismas time, I hope it will possible to have Veritas Update working well also for BE 10.0.5484 before next year....

Richard_Maxfiel
Level 3
Thank you so much for working this issue for all of us experiencing this problem.

Richard_Maxfiel
Level 3
Today only one update was shown as available (one from June 15, 2005). I applied it, but haven't restarted yet to see if it remains shown as unapplied.

Edited to add:
After server reboot, the June 15 update is still listed as available. Guess I'll live with it, everything seems to be working as is.Message was edited by:
Richard Maxfield

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello,
We apologise for the late reply. Could you Update us on the latest Status of the Problem?

Have you tried Reinstalling the Update?

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.

Trevor_Brown
Level 3
> ...Could you Update us on the latest Status of the Problem?

Probably everyone who has posted in this thread is disappointed in the lack of response from the new Veritas support method. As far as updating Veritas on the status, I can't say as I've seen one post from Veritas saying they have a fix for the problem. We're all waiting on Veritas.

> Note : If we do not receive your reply within two
> business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed
> answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’
> pool.

Translation: If everyone has abandoned this thread due to a lack of response from the vendor, we will assume the question has been answered in full and to the satisfaction of the original posters using the "bury-head-in-sand" support method.

FWIW: I'll be letting our maintenance contracts expire since we aren't getting what we paid for.