cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 10.0 cannot connect to media server after password change

John_Lee_7
Level 2
I installed the latest BE 10.0 on Windows 2003 server.

When I installed BE, I created a service account and set a password. Everything worked fine.

However, after I changed the password, when I bring up BE on the server again, a dialogue box called "Connect to Media Server" came up.

I entered the service account and the new password but was rejected with a message "The BE sever system service is not responding. The service is either not running or not installed".

I tried changing all the logon passwords in the BE services but it still did not work.

How can I fix it?

Thanks in advance.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello John,

You need to change the account that Backup Exec uses. To change the user name or password for the Backup Exec for Windows Servers services, follow the instructions given below:

1. Click Start | Run, and then click Browse

2. Navigate to the Backup Exec for Windows Server installation directory. The default location is C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\

3. Double-click ServicesMgr.exe. The Backup Exec Services Manager dialog box will appear.

4. Click Services credentials, and change the service account information user name/password to match the password for all the accounts.

5. Stop and start the Backup Exec services.

6. Restart the machine.

7. Log On to Backup Exec using this new account.

Hope this helps you.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello John,

You need to change the account that Backup Exec uses. To change the user name or password for the Backup Exec for Windows Servers services, follow the instructions given below:

1. Click Start | Run, and then click Browse

2. Navigate to the Backup Exec for Windows Server installation directory. The default location is C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\

3. Double-click ServicesMgr.exe. The Backup Exec Services Manager dialog box will appear.

4. Click Services credentials, and change the service account information user name/password to match the password for all the accounts.

5. Stop and start the Backup Exec services.

6. Restart the machine.

7. Log On to Backup Exec using this new account.

Hope this helps you.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Michael_Bird
Level 3
I registered with these forums just to reply to this message. I had the same problem with Backup Exec10 on my Windows 2003 server after changing the NT password of the account that Backup Exec uses. I was not even able to open the application after changing the password and telephone support was not very helpful. As a last resort I came here and found this post almost immediately.

Running ServicesMgr.exe and changing the Services Credentials worked perfectly and I am back up and running again.

I realize it has been five months since you posted this, Ajit, but I wanted to say thanks. You've saved me a lot of headaches and frustration! :)

Argentraven
Not applicable
Thank you so much for this post, it is exactly what I needed, since my support contract expired and 10.0 is no longer supported.

Thanks!!!