cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE-10D Jobs Queuing

sean_chapman
Level 3
I'm running BackupExec 10D on our backup server and am running into an issue with one of my backup jobs. It is queuing the job every time I try and run it. I've searched before for this issue and the two solutions I've seen do not seem to work for me.

The lock file on the device does not exist (And the job still queues)
Restarting the service or the server itself does not help.

I've also tried recreating the job from the selection list and policy without success. I would rather not have to delete and recreate the entire selection list as it is fairly lengthy.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
6 REPLIES 6

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
Hello,

Are you facing the issue with just one job?

Please perform a repair of the database with the help of the following document if Backup Exec is installed on a MSDE:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/265180

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

sean_chapman
Level 3
Tried running the repair database.

"Error: The data repair operation failed"

Any other ideas?

sean_chapman
Level 3
I re-tried doing the repair database this morning. The job that was queueing seemed to run last night (though with other errors for me to diagnosse now). The repair worked so I'm hopeful tonights backup will go smoothly

sean_chapman
Level 3
Well, the job that was queuing is now running. However, a different job is queing (still no lock file on the device and this is after a successful database repair).

sean_chapman
Level 3
double post.Message was edited by:
sean chapman

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Make sure that the same device is not used by another job.

Also refer the following technote:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/191594

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.