cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export/import of backup jobs

MAS1
Level 4
Hi

How can I export backup jobs/policies etc created within BackupExec console to txt files? I need to import these files again in other servers?

Rgds
MagicMan
7 REPLIES 7

ray_littlefie1
Level 6
You can export jobs, media sets and policies using the BEUtility (C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\BEUtility.exe) add your BE servers to the all media servers group, and select "Copy Media Server Configuration" and "Apply Media server Configuration"

MAS1
Level 4
Does beutility copy function copy every thing? Jobs, media sets, device pools etc?

I need only jobs and policies.

ray_littlefie1
Level 6
It does not copy the catalog (the restore information). It does copy Jobs, policies, selection lists, logon accounts, and active media sets. I'm not 100% sure it copies device pools....

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello,
Please let us know if that helped you or if you have any further Questions.

You can also go through the following Article:
http://support.veritas.com/docs/272274

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ?assumed answered? and would be moved to ?answered questions? pool.

Thanks.Message was edited by:
Amruta Bhide

MAS1
Level 4
Thanks! The configuration copy function is very usefull. But I still need a way to export existing jobs to a file. I need only jobs, not policies, media sets etc.

Rgds
MAS

ray_littlefie1
Level 6
I don't believe you can copy just a job to a file. You can copy just a job (or policy) from one BE server to another on the network:

On both source and destination servers run through the installation again (Tools -> Serial Numbers & Installation...) In the local features section of the install be sure to include "Copy Server Configurations" and finish the installation (no reboot required- you're just adding that one component).

Then you'll be able to right mouse click a job, policy or selection list and copy it to another BE server(s).

MAS1
Level 4
OK thanks a lot for you comments.

Then I just use bemcmd.exe file from command line to create new jobs in stead.