cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 10d SQL Agent Windows 2003 R2 Cluster

Joe_Brown
Level 2
I've installed SQL2000 (latest rollup etc) on Windows 2003 R2 (latest patches) and this is clustered.  There is no named instance for the SQL install as the cluster in active/passive.  I've installed the Backup Exec Agents but I cannot see the SQL.  The only thing that is different on these is that there is no SQL named instance.  Any help would be appreciated. 

These servers are not the Backup Exec servers - Agents only.
4 REPLIES 4

Joe_Brown
Level 2
... in additiion to the above there is no Miscrosft SQL option available though BE for these servers.  There are plenty of licenses.  I can back up all data disks fine. 

Joe_Brown
Level 2
I have PAID for support on this.

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified
Joe, is this a Veritas cluster or a Microsoft cluster?
I haven't tried it with SQL 2000, but with SQL 2005 and Veritas Cluster Server, it simply doesn't work.
Can you stop the clustering software but leave SQL running? If so, can you see the SQL databases under the physical node name?
Also, have you got Service Pack 3 installed? I seem to remember that one of the hotfixes claimed to have improvements for SQL cluster support. It still didn't work with the hotfix for me though. I upgraded to BE11d and it worked then.

Joe_Brown
Level 2
It's a Microsoft Cluster.  I have SP3 installed for Backup Exec. The only difference between this and another SQL server I'm backing up is that thi sis running "Cumulative Hotfix for SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 4 - Build 2187".  I'll need to try stopping the Cluster Group see what this does.