cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 10d, won't recognize the tape media

hattie_xu
Level 2
Hi,

I just installed the new Backup Exec 10d and I'm using Sony LIB-D81 and SDX2-50C as the autoloader and media tape. Somehow the software just wouldn't recognize the tape even though it does see the drives and slots. In each slot, there's a 'unknown media' showing up. I tried to do the inventory and each time it fails too. The log says it's 'incompatible media'. I checked with Sony and they're pretty sure these stuff should work together. I also did a utility test and the results are fine with connection and read-write to the tape. So what's wrong here. Is there something I'm missing... Please help. Thank you.
3 REPLIES 3

Juhani_Tolonen
Level 3
Hi,
try to run "Quick Erase" to tape from Devices and right-click the tape. Worked in my case.

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Is it detected in Windows device manager? Are you using the Veritas device drivers?

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

hattie_xu
Level 2
Thank you, JT, it does work! I would never think of that though, to erase a tape when it is brand new...

Priya, the drive is recognized, but not the tape media.