cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 11D Cant backup WSUS Server

BlazinJohn
Level 2
I'm getting the following error ever since i did windows updates

V-79-57344-34110 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "Servername\WSUS". Advanced Open File Option used: No.
Snapshot provider error (0xE000FE1F): The device cannot be found.

Check the Windows Event Viewer for details.

Please help i can't make this go away

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi there,

When you added your server in, did you do a push install of RAWS from your media server? If so, did you perhaps include AOFO? If not, I would suggest pushing the RAWS agent out again, and then trying this.
However, I suspect it is trying to snapshot an SQL DB that WSUS uses...are you licensed for the SQL agent? If you are, and AOFO is installed (in other words you have ignored my first couple of lines... =) ), take the option off...Symantec don't recommend using AOFO when backing up DBs.

Laters!

BlazinJohn
Level 2
Hello Craig,

This is the only server that is backing up and BE 11D is installed locally on this server. No virtualization either. We do not have dont have the SQL license or backup anything with SQL databases. Currently i only have the system state, files and the exchange database being backed up. I dont know what else to do from here.

We used to have advanced file option on but i will remove the check mark to see what happens.

CraigV

OK...next question...do you want to back up WSUS?
If not, you can edit the selection out in the selection list...go into the text view, and delete the entry if not required.

Laters!

CraigV
Have you come right here...?