cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 11d refuses to run automatically

JBruyet
Level 2
Hey all,

I just installed BE 11d on a Win2k server (SP4 w/the update rollup) and I was able to create a job but the job won't run when scheduled. I can do a test run of the backup job and it runs fine. I can run the job manually and it runs fine. BUT, when I check the scheduled job the following morning I see a yellow question mark and the field says the job is queued.

I tried to create another job (paying much closer attention) and I think I found my problem. I run the Backup Wizard, On the Backup Device and Media window, in the "Which media set would you like to use to backup your data" field I have only one option to choose from: "Keep data indefinitely - Do Not Allow Overwrite". Why am I given the option to overwite the media elsewhere, and then here I DON'T get an option to overwrite the media? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Joe
2 REPLIES 2

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Overwrite Protection and Append periods can only be changed at the Media Set level

From the media tab, right click the media set\properties

Anything in the Alerts Tab? 

JBruyet
Level 2
Hi Ken,

Yeah that was it. Thanks for the quick response. Now I need to get the rest of the servers setup.

Thanks again,

Joe