cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 12.5 Directory Not Found

ZGoggins
Level 5

After my backup job finished I noticed it failed. The reason was a bunch of directories were not found or could not be accessed. I have never had this issue before. It is a network drive and all the failed directories point to the same folder. I can physically go to the network drive and open the folders and see there is files inside the folders so why could they not be reached or found?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ZGoggins
Level 5

well last night the backup ran successfully and no errors reported. Any idea as to what could have caused it to fail the other day?

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi there,

Could be a permissions issue. However, create a new selection list as a test and select only the root folder that contains the subfolders giving you issues, and run a backup-to-disk. It can be local.

See if you get the same issue. If you don't, try creating a new selection list and assigning this to the backup job/s and see if you get the same error. If not, then the problem lies with a corrupted selection list which can happen.

Thanks!

ZGoggins
Level 5

Would it be permission issue when I have had success with this before? This has just happened today and I have been doing these backups for a long time now.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

In that case then, no. Unless your BESA was locked out in AD or the permissions were explicitly changed on the folders.

ZGoggins
Level 5

no there were no changes. Any other ideas?

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

This is quite a generic error....one of the easiest ways to quickly find out why, is to enable SGMon debugging & re-run the backup...post the sgmon log here once you done..

ZGoggins
Level 5

what is SGMon?

VJware
Level 6

Use this link - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH4986

Ensure the 1st, 2nd, 3rd & the 5th options on the left are checked...

ZGoggins
Level 5

the backup is scheduled tonight so ill have SGMon up and running while the backup occurs. This wont affect my backup, correct?

VJware
Level 6

Don't do that as the log file would drastically increase in size...Start SGMon few seconds before the actual backup..

ZGoggins
Level 5

well last night the backup ran successfully and no errors reported. Any idea as to what could have caused it to fail the other day?