cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 12.5 Exchange problem with GRT enabled

dohc97jun
Level 4

We are using BE 12.5 since November 2009.  We added a disk based backup, Exagrid, in February this year.  My latest liveupdate was on May 3, 2010.  The Exchange backup started failing on June 1, 2010.  The backup fails when I have GRT enabled and using the Exagrid system with an error e00084af - The directory or file was not found.  The job looks like it was running, the byte count is increasing, and it runs through it's normal run time, then it errors out at the very end.  The job runs OK and finishes OK if I have GRT enabled and use a tape drive.  It also runs OK if I have GRT disabled and use the Exagrid system.  I have been on the phone several times with an engineer from both symantex and exagrid.  I have tried the latest suggestion from symantec which was based on Microsoft article 304101 with no effect.  I am still getting the exact error message.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304101

2 REPLIES 2

dohc97jun
Level 4
I spoke to a Symantec eng'r today, 7/28.  He had me installed BE SP4 and turn on debug mode.  We'll talk again tomorrow.

jjvufyx2
Not applicable

I'm guessing you already found this out but I was on Symantec's tech support for the same issue that we were having with Backup Exec 2010 64-bit edition. The engineer eventually came across a document on the website, which you can find here: http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/321584.htm . Down towards the bottom is the link to the 32 and 64 bit clients. When I tested it out it showed that the exagrid appliance failed the parse and reparse parts of the test. Here is a little extert from the document "The following warnings indicate that the device under test is not sufficient on its own for GRT use and the warnings are expected on most non-Windows based NAS devices:". The tech support rep recommended either backing it up to a local system or doing a direct copy to tape. I have not talked to exagrid about this issue yet though.