cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 12.5 New Install License issue

Level 2
Just installed BE Enterprise, updated sp SP 3, installed license key. Set up job to backup media server only using no other options. When the job runs it errors with "e000fe3c" - Before you can back up this resource, you must purchase and install a license key for the appropriate Backup Exec agent", referring to link "V-79-57344-65084.
I've followed doc 336931 for license for resource not fully installed. That doc recommends 2 possible solutions. I've followed both but no joy.
I've restarted services, rebooted server.

This is rediculous this product will not run straight out of the box and no install/license support. Anyone out there have any suggestions?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified
Hello

I guess you are taking a backup of SQL instance which is used by BE.

Simply exclude the SQL instance from the selection list, click on "View selection details" and then remove the entry of SQL.

There is no need of taking a backup of SQL instance as BE runs a database maintenance everyday at 4am.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified
Hello

I guess you are taking a backup of SQL instance which is used by BE.

Simply exclude the SQL instance from the selection list, click on "View selection details" and then remove the entry of SQL.

There is no need of taking a backup of SQL instance as BE runs a database maintenance everyday at 4am.

Level 2
Thanks for the fix!